The pages will be updated with the last nominations we've received over the past few days, but no new nominations will be accepted.
Voting opens on May 19th. We'll post the voting templates and rules up on that day.
Thank you to everyone who sent a nomination in and congratulations to all nominees!
For example, Snarry is not just a category for Snape and Harry in a romantic or sexual relationship (unrequited lovers, boyfriends, spouses, friends with "benefits", rentboy, Dom-sub, creature mates, secret lovers, cheating with each other, ex-spouses, parents). It is also for stories where Snape and Harry might best friends, co-workers, teammates, Order members, Death Eaters, roommates, competitors, enemies, relatives by marriage, 'Severitus' stories (fics that place Snape in a parental or mentor role over Harry - student/teacher, adoption of Harry, godfather/godson, master/apprentice), 'Sevitus' (fics where Snape is actually Harry's father, mother-Mpreg situation, or great ancestor-time travel situation), or other relative by blood (cousins, siblings).
That goes likewise for every other ship/group we've designated.
The exception to the rule is the GEN FIC group, which is specifically designed for stories where there is no main pairing that the story's plot is based around, but the story falls into a range of several characters interacting. No sexual or romantic stories are allowed for this group at all. It is literally a general fiction group.
As a result of this clarification/correction, we've decided to extend the nomination period out to allow those who might want to nominate fics that fall under these revised guidelines to have a shot, too. Here is the new timeline information:
Nomination Period: April 1 - May 15
Voting Period: May 19 - July 20
Winners Announced by July 31
FROM APRIL 1 - MAY 15, 2014
(nomination period is extended this round - read why here)
- The only stories that can be submitted for Nomination for the Spring/Summer 2014 Round had to have been COMPLETED between April 29, 2013-April 28, 2014 (they could have been started at any time, but the final chapter [not an author's note, but the actual last chapter of the story] must have been originally submitted to the public between these dates)
- Current Mood: excited
ON TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2014!
( Pimp the Nomination BannerCollapse )
Here are the changes for the 2014 Awards year:
1. We are adding the following Category to Gen Fic nomintions/voting only:
- Best Adventure-Mystery
- Best Threesome/Moresome
- Best Legacy Story
- Gen Fic (non-romantic/non-sexual stories)
- Dramione (Draco Malfoy x Hermione Granger)
- Drarry (Draco Malfoy x Harry Potter)
- Harmony (Harry Potter x Hermione Granger)
- Hogwarts Staff & Spirits (anyone x Bathsheba Babbling, the Bloody Baron, Cuthburt Binns, Charity Burbage, Edgar Clogg, Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington, Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore, Lord Draben, Albus Dumbledore, the Fat Friar, Argus Filch, Firenze, Filius Flitwick, Godric Gryffindor, Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank, Rubeus Hagrid, Rolanda Hooch, Helga Hufflepuff, Silvanus Kettleburn, Gilderoy Lockhart, Minerva McGonagall, Moaning Myrtle, Peeves, Irma Pince, Poppy Pomfrey, Quirinus Quirrell, Helena Ravenclaw/The Grey Lady, Rowena Ravenclaw, Aurora Sinistra, Horace Slughorn, Salazar Slytherin, Severus Snape [exception: no Snarry or Snermione for this Group as they have their own Groups], Pomona Sprout, Sybil Trelawney, Septima Vector, the Wailing Widow)
- Marauders (James Potter x Sirius Black, James Potter x Remus Lupin, James Potter x Peter Pettigrew, James Potter x Lily Evans, Sirius Black x Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black x Lily Evans, Remus Lupin x Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin x Lily Evans, Peter Pettigrew x Lily Evans [exception: no Sirius Black x Remus Lupin for this Group as they have their own Group])
- Next Gen (Teddy Lupin, Scorpius Malfoy, Albus Severus Potter, James Potter, Lily Luna Potter, Lorcan Scamander, Lysander Scamander, Dominique Weasley, Fred Weasley, Hugo Weasley, Louis Weasley, Lucy Weasley, Molly Weasley II, Rose Weasley, Roxanne Weasley, Victoire Weasley x each other only)
- Snarry (Severus Snape x Harry Potter)
- Black Moon (Sirius Black x Remus Lupin)
- Hinny (Harry Potter x Ginny Weasley)
- Romione (Ron Weasley x Hermione Granger)
- Snermione (Severus Snape x Hermione Granger)
- The Dark Side (anyone x Avery Jr., Avery Sr., Regulus Black, Alecto Carrow, Amycus Carrow, Crabbe Sr., Barty Crouch Jr., John Dawlish, Antonin Dolohov, Gibbon, Goyle Sr., Fenrir Greyback, Jugson, Igor Karkaroff, Lestrange Sr., Bellatrix Lestrange, Rodolphus Lestrange, Rabastan Lestrange, Draco Malfoy [no Drarry or Dramione for this Group as they have their own Groups], Lucius Malfoy, Walden McNair, Mulcibur Jr., Nott Sr., Peter Pettigrew [no Peter x James Potter, x Sirius Black, x Remus Lupin, x Lily Evans as they have their own Group], Tom Marvolo Riddle, Augustus Rookwood, Rosier Sr., Evan Rosier, Thorfinn Rowle, Scabior, Selwyn, Pius Thicknesse, Travers, Dolores Umbridge, Lord Voldemort, Wilkes, Yaxley)
- Threesomes+ (Can be a consensual, dub-con, or non-con situation, but has to feature at least 1 person with multiple romantic and/or sexual partners in the story and that relationship/experience must be the main plot of the fic)
- Weasley Love (any Weasley x any Weasley [no Romione, Hinny, or Next GenWeasley x NextGen Weasley -- cross-gen OK though, as they have their own Groups])
- Rare Pairs (anyone without a Group already assigned to them)
3. Timelines and all other general rules will remain the same as 2013's awards.
We'll update the Rules page with this information today.
- Current Mood: accomplished
This poll is closed.
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 49
Which Ships/Groups do you think we should KEEP for the Spring-Summer 2014 Round?
|Albius (Albus Severus x Scorpius)|
|Dramione (Draco x Hermione)|
|Gen Fic (non-romantic/non-sexual stories)|
|Golden Trio (Harry x Hermione x Ron)|
|Harmony (Harry x Hermione)|
|Hogwarts Founders x anyone|
|Minerva McGonagall x anyone|
|Scorose (Scorpius x Rose)|
|Snily (Snape x Lily E.)|
|Tom Riddle/Voldemort x anyone|
|Weasley Love (any Weasley x any Weasley)|
Which Ships/Groups do you think we should KEEP for the Fall-Winter 2014 Round?
|Drarry (Draco x Harry)|
|Harron (Harry x Ron)|
|Hinny (Harry x Ginny)|
|Jily (James x Lily E.)|
|Lucius Malfoy x anyone|
|Romione (Ron x Hermione)|
|Sirius Black x anyone|
|Snarry (Snape x Harry)|
|Snermione (Snape x Hermione)|
What Ships should swap out or change?
|Sirius x Lupin (getting rid of Sirius Black x anyone ship)|
|Hogwarts Professors x each other (getting rid of Minerva McGonagall x anyone ship)|
|Death Eaters x each other (getting rid of Tom Riddle/Voldemort x anyone category)|
|Next-Gen x each other (excluding Scorose, getting rid of Next-Gen Cross-Gen)|
|Lucius x Hermione (getting rid of Lucius Malfoy x anyone category)|
|Rare Pairs-Cross Gen & Rare Pairs-Same Gen (getting rid of Next-Gen Cross-Gen and splitting Rare Pairs up)|
|Rare Pairs - separated out by Houses & an Interhouse category (changing the Rare Pairs category)|
|None of these|
What Ships/Groups should get their own category that don't already?
Which Categories should we get rid off across all Ships/Groups?
|Best Dark Fic|
|Best Het Smut|
|Best Femmeslash Smut|
|Best Slash Smut|
|Best Threesome+ Smut|
|Best Alternate Universe|
|Best Legacy Story|
What new Category should we add for the 2014 awards across all Ships/Groups?
Can you help make banners for the Spring-Summer or Fall-Winter 2014 Rounds?
Can you donate some artwork for our banners for the 2014 awards?